Microsoft Intune is a cloud based mobile device (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM) service that allows you to control how your organization’s devices are used including cell phones, tablets and laptops. It provides a service that is increasingly important to every organizations security as an ever increasing amount of people work from home, using all kinds of devices to access corporate data every day. It is available to all E3 and E5 license holders.
Intune allows you to configure specific policies to control applications both on personal devices and corporate owned. It integrates with Azure AD to control who has access and what they are able to access. It also integrates with Azure Information Protection and can be used with the Microsoft 365 suite of products as it is an integral part to their Enterprise Mobility and Security Suite.
Intune can do the following:
- Be 100% cloud based or be co-managed with Configuration Manager and Intune
- Deploy and authenticate apps - both on prem and mobile.
- Protects users from accessing and sharing certain data – all tailored to your unique business needs.
- Can give your users control over what company can access on their personal devices.
- Remove organization data if a device is lost, stolen, or not used anymore
- Require mobile devices be compliant with organization standards defined in Intune before accessing network resources, such as email or SharePoint